Monday, January 27, 2014

A Call for Influencers

A huge and heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who responded to this call so quickly yesterday. I'm blessed to have readers so eager to help spread the word about Tamsen's story. 

All 30 copies of the ARC are spoken for.

***

With the release date of The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn less than three months away (April 15!), I have 30 Advance Reading Copies to give away to Influencers who are willing to help me spread the word about this next book.

That's 30 copies for readers like you to claim.

What is an Influencer?

An Influencer is someone who reads an Advance Reading Copy of a novel weeks before it hits store shelves, gets excited about the upcoming book, and tells every reading friend or family member they can about it, by any means they can.

How does an Influencer spread the word about a book?
Lots of ways! As an Influencer you could write a review of the book and post it on your blog, or on Amazon, CBD, Goodreads, Novel Crossing, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, your local library site, or any other online review site you are familiar with.

Talk about the book on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, GoodReads, or any other social media site. If you wrote a review, share the link!

Ask your local library to order a copy of The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn.

Ask your local church library to order the book. Or donate a copy of your own.

If you’re part of a Bible study or any other sort of group, share your excitement about the book with them.

If you’re part of a book club, suggest The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn.

Write a review for your local newspaper.

Pin the cover or other relevant pictures from my website to Pinterest.

Keep an eye on my Facebook Author Page for updates on contests, blog posts, and giveaways. Share, post, and tweet to your friends and followers.
This list is by no means exhaustive. Feel free to be creative in finding ways to help get the word out and generate a buzz of excitement. That's the key to this Influencer business: excitement. It's contagious, and the most effective book marketing in existence is still word of mouth. Talk with friends and family and coworkers in person. Talk with far-away friends and acquaintances online. Recommend it to anyone who you think might be blessed by the story.

What if I commit to being an Influencer, but I don't enjoy the book? 
Not all books are for all readers. If you don’t enjoy reading The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn, you aren’t required to do anything.
Now that you know what an Influencer does...
If you'd like to commit to being an Influencer for The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn, (and you live in the USA) drop me an email at lori_benton26@hotmail.com and let me know a couple of the ways you plan to help get the word out about the story. They can be from my list of suggestions, or your own ideas. ALL 30 COPIES ARE SPOKEN FOR NOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!

I'll take the first 30 readers to email me with their suggestions. If I don't email you back to ask for your snail mail address, that means the list of 30 is full.
Thanks in advance for those willing and able to partner with me to share my passion for Frontier, Faith & Fiction, and for getting excited with me for The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn’s April 15 release! 

17 comments:

  1. Lori I would love to Influence for you.
    Blessings
    Linda Finn
    Faithful Acres Books
    faithfulacresbooks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. It figures that as soon as I posted this Outlook isn't letting me access my Hotmail. But never fear, when I can get to them your emails will be there, and I will take them in the order they arrived. Just remember to EMAIL me at the address provided and tell me how you plan to help promote, so you qualify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I would love to be an influencer for you. I have done this for several authors in the past year. Let me know if your interested.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen an email from you yet, Katrina. But that doesn't mean you haven't sent one. Outlook is not playing nicely today of all days. IF you haven't, be sure you send an email per the instructions in the post to get on the list.

      Delete
  4. Outlook is being very persnickety today, but allowing me access to email intermittently. I'm so blessed by the responses so far. I'm getting to them and replying as Outlook is allows. What a day to have a problem with email, huh? It's on their end and nothing I can do to fix it, my IT Guy (aka my hubby) assures me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent an email! Would love to do it if there are still spots available!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are great! I'm blessed to have such enthusiastic readers. Still a few spots left at... 12:45pm Pacific Time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be a influencer for you. I sent a email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would feel Blessed if I could be an influencer for you, Sending E mail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tried to e mail had it returned permanently rejected.
    mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Issues with Outlook continue. I emailed you. Hopefully a reply to that will reach me. Thanks for trying so hard.

      Delete
  10. Would love to be part of your promotions team as influencer. Kinda cool, as library in area is in Benton., ARK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cool, Regina. I don't have an email from you yet, but Outlook/Hotmail has been very slow today, when it's been letting me access at all! I'm looking for it.

      Delete
  11. It's 4pm Pacific Time and I have a few more spots left on this list of 30 (just in case anyone is thinking they are too late. Not yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:10 PM

    I would like to be a influencer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. if you can use me I'd love to be used by you--you and Tamsen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. God bless your and your books, Lori! Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete