Saturday, December 21, 2013

Thank you Readers! (and a drawing)

I woke up this morning to find that Burning Sky has 101 five star reviews at Amazon, and a total of 139. That's cause for this author to celebrate and to thank you, readers, with a wee drawing. 

To enter to win a signed copy of Burning Sky, your choice of the two print versions (softcover from WaterBrook Press, left/Large print, hardcover from Thorndike Press, right), I'm making it easy-peasy. Here's all you need do:
1. Leave your name and a contact email in the comments below.
2. Just for fun and not required: if you've already read Burning Sky, I'd love to know who your favorite character is, and why. But please be careful of spoilers for those who haven't read the book yet.


I'll leave the drawing open until after Christmas. I don't believe I'll venture out to a post office again until we're well past the craziness.  If you know reading friends who would be interested in this drawing, please tell them about it.

I'll choose a winner by random draw on December 26!

Just a quick note to add, this drawing is limited to USA residents. 

UPDATE: drawing is now closed. Thanks for commenting and for your words of encouragement (they were much needed this week!). I'm off to let Random.org pick a winner. Be back soon....

And the winner is Jasmine!

Jasmine, I've just emailed you at the address you provided. 

Thanks again everyone. You lifted my spirits more than you can know with your kind comments about the characters and the story. 

17 comments:

  1. I'll leave the copies for someone else since I have one and so does Momma.
    My favorite is a tie--Neil and Willa. How can you have one without the other?
    Merry Christmas, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! nskraak(at)hotmail(dot)com This is definitely on my to-read list, when I can find the time between children, writing, and job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already read your (amazing) book, but I would love to win it in order to donate it to my church library. My favorite character was Burning Sky/Willa. You did such a good job of being in her head, when I recall the book I always feel as if it had been written from first person POV, which is the perspective my debut novel (which is now due out in 2014!) is written in. It's crazy how well you let the reader slowly (and perfectly) let the reader get to know Willa. :D

    Crandallberries at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burning Sky is one of my all time favorite books so if I won, I would choose the large print edition to enjoy, My favorite character is Willa/Burning Sky because of the journey her heart took and must continue to take in order for her to enter into her future. She embodies the spirit of survival with a strength of character that enables her to move forward even though the losses in her life have been so many. She exemplifies the pioneer spirit and woman's heart that were the building blocks for future generations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I failed to leave my email: jmsoffes73@gmail.com. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. You know I'm a HUGE Willa fan! I love her multi-dimensional, believable thoughts. Can't wait till your next book, Lori. Will tweet this drawing around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn said this was one of her fave books this year...I'd love to read it! MarieBurton2004 at yahoo dot com Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to win your book, Lori! Already read it, but would love to have an signed copy. My favorite character was Joseph Tames-His-Horse.

    bookshelvesandwindows [at] gmail [dot] com

    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Burning Sky deserves everyone of those 5 stars!
    Willa. I really enjoyed reading her story and her struggles. She was an amazing character!

    tooreadornottooread (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read "Burning Sky" yet - so can't comment on characters. Have read SO many wonderful reviews, & it is on my TBR list! Love the story line!

    Bonnie

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won a copy from me in another drawing, Bonnie. It will be in the mail soon. Hope you get a chance to read it. :)

      Delete
  10. I'm so enjoying reading your comments everyone. Thanks for stopping by and brightening up a day when I'm feeling a bit under the weather... though our weather at the moment is quite nice for December and I wish I'd gotten out to enjoy it some. But it was a nap sort of Sunday instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment is for Regina, who's been unable to get through and post here. Regina, you are entered in the drawing. :) Thanks for emailing me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved reading about Wills and the struggles she had to endure. It reminds me of how God takes the trials in our life and turns them into triumphs. I know a lot about trials but if it wasn't for those I wouldn't be as strong as I am today. Out of my mess came a message.

    reginafujitani(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been SO wanting to read this book since I first heard about it several months ago! Thank you for the chance to win :)

    Blessings!
    Jasmine
    montanamade(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard great things about your book!
    lattebooks at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Commenting for Brenda Fawcett who also can't get Blogger to cooperate with her. Brenda you are entered into the drawing.

    I'll be drawing using Random.org in about an hour from now. 8pm Pacific Time.

    ReplyDelete