Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays (June 18): The Firebird

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Here's what you do:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (or your current page)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:


 I didn't answer straightaway. My thoughts had slipped backward to yesterday morning--the dim, shadowed room with its gray light that might have been filtered through clouds, or through rain, that I'd viewed through the eyes of a man waking up in his bed.
____________________________________________

THE FIREBIRD by Susanna Kearsley. Pg 26-27


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog).

4 comments:

  1. Oh, beautiful writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab one of her books and get ready for a lyrical treat, characters who live with you long after you finish the book, and stories so intriguing you just can't put the book down. Go on. I dare you. :) I'm so far gone I can get lost in the rhythm of those two sentences alone nd feel myself drifting in that early morning gray....

      Delete
  2. Lovely teaser! I haven't yet read this author, although I want to.

    My Tuesday teaser/intro: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-18-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hard pressed to choose which one to recommend first. The first book of hers I ever read was THE SHADOWY HORSES. There's a little boy in that book called Robbie. He's all grown up and one of the main characters now, in THE FIREBIRD. Do you like Scottish set stories, with ties to Roman history? The lost 9th Legion? Archaeology? That's what you'll find in THE SHADOWY HORSES. And romance, of course.

      Her last release, THE ROSE GARDEN, was wonderful too.

      Delete