Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Susanna Kearsley's THE FIREBIRD Tour

I can't let this bit of news go by without posting about it, it's such a fun and creative idea. Four things:

1. Susanna Kearsley's new book, The Firebird, will release in the USA in June, and her American publisher is sending her on a tour... with a twist. Her readers will decide which cities she visits.

2. You and I get a vote, and here's where you go to do your voting

3. Joyce Lamb, of USA Today's Happily Ever After column, has an interview with Susanna here. She talks about what makes her hometown "home."

4. Best of all for us instant gratification types, you can read the first three chapters of The Firebird here as well as voting, just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

I already read them this morning, and promptly pre-ordered my copy of the book.

There are few writers who have the ability to pull me into a novel so thoroughly that I would, with rash irresponsibility, chuck my To Do list for the day and spend it turning pages. Susanna Kearsley is one of those.

Only I can't, because all we get are three chapters. For now. Oh, no... now it's delayed gratification! :)

8 comments:

  1. What an interesting tour idea!
    BTW, I love the new leather and parchment background. Your blog is so creative and unique, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I am so fiddly. White and gray wasn't working for me. I'm trying to find something I can live with long term. I THINK this is it. Glad you like it. If anything is hard to read, feel free to let me know. I'm still fiddling with link and text colors.

      Delete
    2. It all looks good to me. I usually don't like white text on anything, but the white on brown doesn't give me afterimages. So, I say, good job. ; )

      Delete
    3. Great. I did have to increase the size of that cream on brown text. Nothing but the very lightest of colors, or black, will show at all against it. But I so wanted the worn, faded leather background. :) I also just discovered that Blogger lets you widen the columns, either the main post column, or the sidebar or both. I've been blogging here since 07 and Blogger keeps becoming more and more versatile (for someone who knows no code or html or whatever it is, and can't make heads or tails of Photoshop (and doesn't own it)).

      Delete
    4. Susanna Kearsley is my favorite author! I can't wait to read "The Firebird." :) Nice to meet a kindred Kearsley fan!

      Delete
    5. I love Susanna Kearsley's novels and have read all of them. My favorite, so far, is the Winter Sea. Cannot wait to read The Firebird.

      Delete
    6. Isn't she a wonderful storyteller? It's driving me nuts, having to wait until June to read the rest of The Firebird. Can't wait to meet grown up Robbie (well, we sort of have already but what a tease!). Thanks for stopping by here and commenting. Nice to meet you too Morgan!

      Delete
    7. Carole, I enjoyed the Winter Sea (as I do all her books). If I had to name a favorite it's The Shadowy Horses, maybe because it was the first of her books I ever read, or it was about the 9th Legion, which has always fascinated me. That's why I'm so looking forward to meeting Robbie (the boy from Shadowy Horses) all grown up.

      Delete