Thursday, January 24, 2013

Book Trailers... do they work?

Recently I had a discussion with a group of authors about book trailers, and whether or not a book trailer had ever caused us to buy a book. I had to admit that no, I have never bought a book because of a book trailer. Either the trailer didn't hook me, or I had already decided to buy, or had bought, the book before I saw the trailer.

Today that all changed. Because of this:



I really, really want to read this book!

Ring of Secrets, by Roseanna M. White
Harvest House Publishers
March 1, 2013

Qs4U: Have you ever bought a book because of a book trailer? Do you have a favorite book trailer? Share the link in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I like the narrator, great voice for this.

    I've seen a few. I also really like short clips from the author. Nicole Baart has a cool video like that and I laughed out loud at John Green's (The Fault in Our Stars).
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they chose the perfect narrator and I'm sure that's part of what brought this story blurb so alive for me. I'll have to look for those others you mentioned, Wendy. If an author is comfortable talking on camera, I enjoy watching their clips too.

      Delete
  2. The trailor is lovely, but I can honestly say, I've never bought a book because of a trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until last night, so could I (even that hilarious Focus Group video posted on the forum couldn't induce me to buy that book). This one did it for me, though.

      Delete
  3. I had never heard of book trailers until someone asked almost the same question about buying books from trailers on FB. This is the first trailer I've seen. Love the narrator. Really makes the story interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvest House did a great job for Ring of Secrets.

      I actually saw a commercial for a book today while watching a program on Hulu.com. I don't recall the book, or the author, only how unusual that was to see a book advertised during a TV show.

      Delete