Monday, November 12, 2012

It's All in My Head... Still!

Sometimes an author will communicate stuff about the fiction writing craft that, while it isn't new in concept, is put into language that suddenly clicks on a deeper level, and I can better put it to use

Wired For Story by Lisa Cron did that for me.

If you'd like a taste of what Lisa has to offer in Wired For Story, check out her post from last week at Writer Unboxed, 2 Ways Your Brain is Wired to Undermine Your Story – And What To Do About It.


She writes about something I'm learning in a big way as I journey through my first content edit experience: just because something is loud and clear in my head, concerning character or plot, doesn't necessarily mean it's clear on the page. Or even there at all. 

In fact a time or two I managed to convey something very different than what I intended. 

Have you read Wired For Story? Did you find it helpful, too? 

Wired For Story at Amazon

(I was given a copy of this book and am under no obligation to promote it. I just can't help myself.)

4 comments:

  1. I saw this last week, but you make me want to buy it. Off to Amazon. Thanks. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to push a good book! Hope it proves a handy addition to your writer's toolbox.

      Delete
  2. P.S. I love the new look! The lacy-work background is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have fun fiddling with Blogger. It's so easy to redesign.

      Delete