Thursday, September 27, 2012

We have a title!

I just heard the official news today. We have the title for my debut historical, set in the 1780s on the New York frontier. It's going to be called Willa

That's the name of the story's main character and I'm quite partial to it, no surprise there.

The photo that inspired the opening scene of Willa.
There's a good chance there will be a subtitle to go along with Willa. We're still brainstorming that, but I'm excited to have taken another step toward seeing these characters of my heart take on flesh and blood. 

Paper and ink, anyway.


9 comments:

  1. I am a former New Yorker, (I live in Florida now), and I love that period of history in my homestate. I will be anxiously awaiting its debut.
    Linda Cacaci
    LinCaca3@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I'm working on a second novel (a two book series actually, which isn't contracted at the moment) set in the Mohawk Valley and I feel like I've barely tapped the incredible history of NY during the 18th century. The more I read, the more I want to camp out here and write about. When I'm not writing about North Carolina. :)

      Delete
  2. Lotta grand Willas in history... especially YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely title - lovely name. It sounds very romantic - how exciting to be one step closer!

    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  4. That was my BFF's grandmother's name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations...

    Just to let you know I've nominated you for an award - go and pick it up at www.mandyevebarnett.com
    Enjoy and pay it forward

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds perfect. Can't wait to see the cover! :-)

    ReplyDelete