Friday, June 08, 2012

It Takes a Village



It's down to one week until my first deadline, June 15. It was on Facebook that I posted this:
I wrote a new scene in the WIP, then read aloud several chapters of the debut manuscript for a final time before I send it to my editor next week. June 15th is rushing up to meet me. I feel like I'm about to send a child off to finishing school. I wonder how she'll change, and how she'll stay the same?
It's an exciting and nerve-heightened time in this writer's life. What will Willa's story look like when all's said and done? What will she call herself? What more will she have to say to the world? I've done my best job raising her, now it's time to let others have their influence.


It takes a village to raise a book, after all.

But for a few more fleeting days she's still in my care. I'm taking this week and next to put my finishing touches on the story of Willa and Neil and Joseph (and Matthew and Maggie and Francis and Anni and Richard and Elias and Peter).

See you on the other side!

PS: I created an Author Page on Facebook. You can find it here.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Willa, ...and Lori. I'm going to your author page right now and like you!

    ReplyDelete