Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Colorado Springs

Fires are burning in Colorado Springs, where my publisher WaterBrook is located. We've had many wildfires here in southern Oregon over the years, but these photos from literary agent Rachelle Gardner are some of the most sinister and threatening I've ever seen.


Please keep this town and these people in your prayers, and check out Rachelle's brief post.

I hope to visit my publisher later this year!

Colorado Springs wildfire forces more than 32,000 from homes as it spreads into city limits

4 comments:

  1. Yes, will be praying! I live about 45 minutes from the fire in Colorado Springs, but my dad is just a few miles away so he's keeping me updated. We've had a bit of rain today, I'm hoping that will help but what we really need are lowering temperatures and no more wind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, thanks for checking in. It's terrible to be anywhere near those fires, even 45 min away. Sending prayers for your dad and everyone there. Wind and temps, got it.

      Delete
  2. I was texting a dear friend of mine who lives in Colorado Springs last night and it is just terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your friend and her home are all right, Ruth. Been thinking and praying about those folk all day again today.

      Delete