Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm back!

Whew! I'm back. Bet you didn't know I was gone, but I was. My computer was down for several days, while we feared a hard drive crash. Turned out to be the power supply, so I'm back in business.

I had a laptop without internet connection to write on for the past few days, and while I don't care for laptops in general, I did manage to keep working on Jesse through this 'traumatic' stretch.

During this time I discovered my brother shares my dislike for laptops. We are desktop users. Laptops are for when you can't travel without a computer, and they're good to have around for back up in case something goes awry with the desktop, as happened to me this week. Though what really saved the day (and week) for me was my thumb drive, which I'd had the good sense to keep backed up with all the uber important working files.

Any other desktop users still out there? By choice, I mean. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad the problem was not a hard drive crash. I'm a desktop user too, glad to know I'm not the only one out there. :) Somehow I feel like I can keep desktops running longer...maybe I'm imaginging that, but whatever the reason I am not all that fond of laptops for all-the-time use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, I think they run longer too.

    I know many writers who take their laptops all over creation to work, but I like writing in the same spot, and at a desk. By now it's a cue to my brain that it's work time whenever I'm sitting here. I can write elsewhere if I have to, but it's tough. So I tend to take hard copy editing work with me when I'm traveling and still need to get stuff done.

    ReplyDelete