Monday, May 09, 2011

Colonial Quills

I've been eagerly waiting to share with you about a new website devoted to promoting Colonial American fiction...


... where you'll find:

Monday
Fiction Sampler 
(spotlighting a novel and author)

Wednesday
In Ye Olden Days 
(historical facts and trivia about life in Colonial America)

Friday
Tools of the Trade 
(writing and research tips, particularly for 18th century fiction)

Saturday
Colonial Recipes


Colonial Quills will feature fiction and historical topics relevant through 1800 and perhaps a little beyond, including the Revolutionary War and the early Federal Period, which is very good since I'm a contributor and so far I've written novels set in the mid 1780s to the 1790s, just a wee bit after the Colonial period.

Come visit us at Colonial Quills, and say hello to my fellow contributors:

Carrie Fancett Pagels
Laura Frantz (The Frontiersman's Daughter, Courting Morrow Little)
Carla Gade
Laurie Alice Eakes (Lady in the Mist)
Rita Gerlach (Surrender the Wind)
Louise M. Gouge (The Captain's Lady)
J. M. Hochstetler (Daughter of Liberty, Native Son)
Pat Iacuzzi
Lynn Squire
Jennifer Hudson Taylor
Gina Welborn
Roseanna White (Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that we both enjoy the privilege of being part of this group and blog contributors. Isn't that a great list! Looking forward to a great time. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new blogging venture! I have clicked over to "follow," and I look forward to seeing what's in store. I just have to add that I think it is a beautifully designed blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, thanks for checking us out and being a follower. I'm finding I just enjoy hanging out there. :) Carla did a magnificent job designing Colonial Quills!

    ReplyDelete