Monday, February 14, 2011

Best. Valentine's. Day. Ever.

After nearly a year as her client, I got to meet my agent, Wendy Lawton, in person today. She was driving through my neck of the woods, so we made a breakfast date to talk story.

Talk story. Are there better words for a writer to hear? Okay, maybe "we have an offer" but God willing those will come in His time. For now, it's all about the love of story, and that's what we talked about today. And it's green light all the way for my new project, Jesse. I couldn't be more thrilled about that, as I've already begun (hee hee) and am very enamored of my new hero. I'll be "meeting" the heroine, Tamsen, tomorrow, bright and early.

Now, I'm usually a pretty level, laid back person, but when I left our breakfast meeting this morning my mind and heart were doing the happy dance. What a wonderful opportunity to finally meet my agent, and on Valentine's Day to boot!

And because it's Valentine's Day, to top off the day I'm indulging in the last of my Mocha Java Cake. For anyone who hasn't tried this yummy, gooey-centered cake, here's the recipe I used.

I'm eating this luscious cake as I type this. You should see my keyboard.

8 comments:

  1. First things first...that cake is amazing! I'm salivating just looking at it!

    So glad you had a special Valentine's Day treat today getting to visit with Wendy. What a great thing to happen!!! I'm sure it was wonderful spending time with her and it looks like you were encouraged by the visit.

    Isn't it wonderful when the Lord lavishes his love on us? Better than chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I just saw that you put "author" beside my name on your link! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast sounds fantastic! Talking story and with Wendy -- I'm sooo jealous!

    It all sounds very exciting. I'm so happy for you Lori.

    Glad it was the best Valentines Day ever.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, and I don't think I've ever told you how much I love the picture of the cabin on this blog -- it speaks of story and of characters. I can look at it and see a book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, yes, def. better than cake, because I didn't feel guilty after!

    Bonnie, that cabin is one of the early 19th C settler cabins at Cade's Cove, TN, taken on my epic road/research trip with my friend Doree (Wisconsin to Tennessee to North Carolina then back to Wisconsin) a few years ago. I put it through some artsy filtering in one of my photo programs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh that cake looks yummy! And congrats on meeting your agent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, I'm so glad you got to meet Wendy in person. How neat that she was in your area and able to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Ruth!

    Keli, the timing and need for the meeting and how swiftly it all came together felt like a God-thing.

    ReplyDelete