Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Summit sighting

Funny how the writer's brain works. Or the muse. Or inspiration. Or... whatever it is that helps me create a writing rhythm I can sustain day after day and churn out 32,000 words in a month's time, then have that focus and pace evaporate so that I've spent the whole of this week simply on the final chapter of The Quiet in the Land.

But that's what I'm doing, and why I'm not blogging, and I'm going to have this first draft finished by Saturday regardless.

Maybe I'm just tired. I've never written what amounts to a little over 1000 words a day for a 30 day period. Many writers manage to write much more than that, but it's a lot for me (I don't climb mountains very fast either).

I'm almost to the end of this climb. I can see the summit. See you there!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, Lori! You're almost there and you can do it....you can!!!

    It's really hard work to keep up that pace, as I did the same for 2 months and nearly burned out. But, alas! You were one of my prayer supporters cheering me on up to my summitt and I am there for you! My prayers are with you. Take care of yourself along the way and make sure you take your refreshment as it will only help you succeed.

    Blessings, friend!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, thank you so much for your prayers... and I'm so excited for YOU, and the good news you shared today. Way. To. Go! Can't wait to meet your characters. :)

    Blessings back!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lori!! Keep on going, your mountain is much higher than mine, but I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete