Monday, July 12, 2010

Writing Apprenticeships

Good Monday! I'm heading back to the New York frontier to send Willa and Neil into a heated situation--heated in more ways than one--but first, while the coffee is brewing I wanted to share that my agent, Wendy Lawton, mentioned me on her blog today, talking about writing apprenticeships, and why it's so important not to try and skip over this step in a writing career.

You can read about it here.

Some apprenticeships last longer than others. Mine has been an unusually long one. But I've found that patience comes easier when I remember Who is in control of this whole writing gig (that would be the gracious God who loves me and has good plans for me). If the next step is meant to happen, it will happen, in His time. All I have to do is do what I know to do. And that is, very simply... write.

Okay, coffee is brewed. Time to practice what I preach!

5 comments:

  1. So cool to read more about you over at Books & Such.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Her writing was exquisite— so sure, so well-developed." Oh, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla,

    Full heart. Full heart! So very thankful here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Carla, thanks so much for linking to it from your blog. You are an encouraging, sweet spirit! May God bless you a hundred fold for the ways you've lately blessed me.

    ReplyDelete