Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New books galore

Two wonderful newly released historical novels landed in my mailbox today.  

Here Burns My Candle, by Liz Curtis Higgs, and Her Mother's Hope, by Francine Rivers.

Got your copies yet?

For fans of Laura Frantz's debut novel, The Frontiersman's Daughter, be sure to check out Renee's blog on Thursday March 18 for a sneak peek at a scene from Laura's upcoming novel, Courting Morrow Little.

Lots of great fiction to look forward to this year. For now, I'm still getting over this no good very bad cold, so I'm going to fix a cup of tea and curl up this evening with my new books by two of my favorite authors.

Dilemma: how can I possibly decide which to read first?!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, bless you for this, Lori:) Betcha start with Liz's as you're such a Scottish fan. I saw Francine's today at Wal-Mart and read the first page. Wonderful stuff! Hope you are feeling better soon - hot tea and books are the perfect Rx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you know me well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read that excerpt from Courting Morrow Little on Renee's blog and now I can't wait to get my hands on the actual book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eenie, meenie, meinee, mo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth: I know, I know. Wasn't it yummy?

    Caroline: I usually have four or five books going at once and will read a chapter from each every night... until one shoulders the rest aside and won't let me put it down.

    ReplyDelete