Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Historical Fiction You Don't Want To Miss

Author Laura Frantz is featured on the Seekerville blog today, talking about what makes a hero in fiction. Head on over for a lively discussion.

If you haven't read Laura's debut novel, The Frontiersman's Daughter, and you are a fan of historical fiction with vivid settings, complex characters, unpredictable plot and rich prose... whatever are you waiting for? From the TFD's cover:

This epic novel gives you a glimpse into the simple yet daring lives of the pioneers who first crossed the Appalachians, all through the courageous eyes of a determined young woman who would not be defeated. 

That young woman is Lael Click, daughter of a celebrated frontiersman, and I hope you get to meet her soon.

As for me, I'm eagerly awaiting Laura's second novel, Courting Morrow Little, releasing July 1, 2010.

You can find Laura blogging here. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Bless you soooo much, Lori! I rushed right over here, thinking you had another wonderful book waiting for my TBR stack - and it's my own:) I can't thank you enough for your friendship and support!! I couldn't do it without you. And I promise I will do the same for you when your books come out, dear friend. Which I am sure they will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purely my pleasure, ma'am. :) I was hoping it would be a nice surprise. And you've convinced me I need to pay more attention to that Seekerville blog. So many good writing blogs out there!

    ReplyDelete