Thursday, February 25, 2010

Stand Alone Pages!

I'm thrilled that Blogger has finally made it possible to create stand alone pages, making their blogs feel more like a website. Here's easy instructions on how to create pages for your blog:

Click Customize
Click Posting
Click Edit Pages

Here you can create a page or edit one in draft stage. I've started with a book list for 2010 that I'll keep updated all year. This is so much easier than keeping it tucked away in my drafts, and having to hunt it down to update it every few days.

You can create up to ten stand alone pages. There's the choice of listing them under the header, as I've done, or listing them over in a side bar.

Now I'll have to think stuff to fill more pages. Shouldn't be too hard!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thank you so much for letting me know about this...wasn't aware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This feature has been at the top of my Blogger wish list for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used pages on my blog. I was spoiled at wordpress with them, but I tried blogger because of their other features.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know, Lori. Thanks! I like your new additions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, I was so tempted to switch to Wordpress because of their multiple page feature. I even started setting up a site, but I found it far less user friendly than Blogger and it was taking up too much of my time, and frustrating me to boot. I wish I had your wonderful site building savvy, but no matter how much I learn, things like html code will not stay in my head, and if I put it on sticky notes they crawl away when I'm not looking!

    ReplyDelete