Sunday, January 03, 2010

A Hopeful Future

I love to read the Sunday devotional writings at the Novel Journey blog. Marcia Laycock's posts never fail to encourage me. They're like a little compass, pointing me straight to the Author of our Salvation, who has a plan for each of us that's working out, right this very moment.

Take a moment to read her post today, Future Tense.
"God has a plan and it's a good one. He knows what books I'll write and what He'll do with them. He knows what audience's I'll speak to and how he'll direct my words to their hearts and minds and accomplish His purposes." ~ Marcia Laycock

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lori. That was a very inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter where we are in our writing journey, these words are so needed. Thanks so much, Lori. The verse is one of my favorites. Looking forward to seeing what He has in store for each of us this year. Our pastor preached on "expectancy" today. I need to have an expectant heart, knowing He does have a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find each new novel such an unexpected gift. Once I've reached the place of being immersed in that story world, in the characters' lives, part of me sits back and marvels and says, "I never expected this. Why should I be the one so blessed to know these people, this time, this place?" I always hope there will be a next one, after the current WIP, but a part of me isn't as expectant as I should be by now. Part of me is still caught off guard by grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS beautiful, Lori. Thank you for sharing it. It's such a wonderful reminder as we start this new year that we truly are writing for our ultimate auidence--the King.

    ReplyDelete