Sunday, December 13, 2009

Upcoming Releases for 2010

So... we've about reached the halfway point in December (already!). 2009 is drawing to a close and lately I've been looking ahead to 2010, and its upcoming new fiction releases. What titles are you excited about, can't wait to get your hands on? Share them in the comments section. There must be many I've yet to hear about and wouldn't want to miss!

To start things off, here's a list of some of the historical fiction titles I'm looking forward to:


Courting Morrow Little by Laura Frantz
Baker/Revell (July 1, 2010)

"This sweeping tale of romance and forgiveness will envelop readers as it takes them from a Kentucky fort through the vast wilderness to the west in search of true love."


Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs
WaterBrook Press (March 16, 2010)

"A timeless story of love and betrayal, loss and redemption, flickering against the vivid backdrop of eighteenth-century Scotland, Here Burns My Candle illumines the dark side of human nature, even as hope, the brightest of tapers, lights the way home."

Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers
Tyndale House Publishers (March 16, 2010)

"The first in an epic two-book saga... this sweeping story explores the complicated relationships between mothers and daughters over several generations... [as] each woman is forced to confront her faulty but well-meaning desire to help her daughter find her God-given place in the world."




The Promise of Morning by Ann Shorey
Baker/Revell (March 1, 2010)

"Book two in the AT HOME IN BELDON GROVE series, The Promise of Morning engages readers with themes of overcoming tragedy, finding strength to meet daunting challenges, and trusting your heart to love again." 




Ransome's Crossing by Kaye Dacus
Harvest House Publishers, Inc.

Kaye's sequel to Ransome's Honor, a Regency Romance. The first one was engaging. Can't wait for the story to continue.I couldn't find a product description on Amazon yet, but with perfect timing, Kaye just posted a vid to tell readers about her upcoming release. Check it out here.






Angel's Den, by Jamie Carie
B&H Books (February 1, 2010)

"In 1808, when Emma meets and marries Eric Montclaire... this young daughter of prominent St. Louis citizens believes a fairy tale has just begun. Instead, her husband’s angelic looks quickly prove only to mask a monstrous soul. Emma is devastated when Eric insists on her joining his yearlong expedition to the Pacific Ocean, following the trail Lewis and Clark blazed just a few years earlier. By the time cartographer Luke Bowen realizes Emma’s plight, it’s too late to easily untangle what has become an epic web of lies, theft, murder, courtroom drama, and a deep longing for love. Only God can show them the way out."


She Walks in Beauty, by Siri Mitchell
Bethany House (April 1, 2010)


"For a young society woman seeking a favorable marriage in the late 1890s, so much depends on her social season debut. Clara Carter has been given one goal: secure the affections of the city's most eligible bachelor. When a man appears who seems to love her simply for who she is, and gossip backlash turns ugly, Clara realizes it's not just her heart at stake--the future of her family depends on how she plays the game."

 
 

11 comments:

  1. Rivers, Dacus, Frantz, Mitchell, and Higgs - looking forward to all of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, You, Ruth, and I sure have similar reading tastes:) Thanks so much for including mine. I am so excited about Liz's new book after being heartbroken over Somerled in her last one. Rivers is always amazing. The others look very good and all are on my list as well. I'll add Masquerade by Nancy Moser. Loved her book on Martha Washington - Washington's Lady, I think it's called. Thanks for such a great post as it helps us keep abreast of what's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great line up! Looking forward to digging in! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I've never read Nancy Moser's books. I'll check her out. Thanks for the mention!

    I agree about being broken-hearted over Somerled in Liz's last book, even though I knew it had to happen, given the Biblical account upon which it was based. Siri Mitchell did that to me too, last time around. But I've forgiven them both and look forward to these new releases. *s*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori,A few that I'm looking forward to are The Courteous Cad (Palmer), Courting Morrow Little (Frantz), and Ransom's Crossing (Dacus), She Walks in Beauty and Here Burns My Candle also sound good. So much to read, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, The Courteous Cad? That title makes me smile. I'll have to check THAT one out.

    Thanks for posting Carla, Laura, Ruth and Jody. Looks like we have lots of good reading, and I notice the dates for these releases only go up to July. There's still nearly a half year's worth of releases I've yet to hear about.

    So much to read, so little time, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list of books, Lori. I'll have to add them to my 2010 TBR stack.

    The book I'm most excited about is P.F. Chisholm's 'A Murder of Crows', the next installment in her Sir Robert Carey Mysteries. It's been a very long wait for fans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sallie,

    Another series I haven't read. Love the title. What's the time period?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, The Courteous Cad is the 3rd in an awesome & fun regency series by Catherine Palmer. The first two were The Affectionate Adversary and The Bachelor's Bargain. Catherine was the first Christian fiction author that I read and I've read at least 20 of her books. I highly recommend her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori ~ It is set in the 16th century, along the tumultuous Anglo-Scottish border. The first in the series is 'A Famine of Horses'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, I've heard of Catherine Palmer and will be sure to check her out. Thanks for the good leads.

    Sallie, I haven't read much 16C fiction, but that setting is one of my favorites no matter the time period. A Famine of Horses (love the title) is going on my TBR stack, which is propped up like the leaning tower of Piza. No Famine of Books in this house, bethankit!

    ReplyDelete