Monday, September 28, 2009

All's Quiet

Been pretty quiet around here. This waiting period stretches out, but I'm content with it. I've spent the past week reading, more so than writing, and while much of what I'm reading is research for WILLA (and some of it is fiction, which is necessary for filling the story-telling well), when I'm not writing--seriously writing, for several hours a day at least--I feel incomplete. Uneasy. A tad bit guilty. 

Today my prayer is that despite the ton of research material I still need to work my way through to tell Willa Obenchain's story, despite the siren call of good novels (thank you, Lord, for good novels!), that I will strike the balance of writing and research and reading that doesn't leave me feeling like my world has tilted a bit off kilter. And use my time wisely.

Here's to moderation in all things!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling guilty. I struggle with that myself.

    Great on getting your MS subbed to an agent! That's fantastic!

    Maisey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maisey,

    Well, on the flip side, it's comforting to know what we're supposed to doing, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete