Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Linda Nichols

This is a shout out for an author I've recently discovered. I've devoured four of her books. Well, three and a half--I'm in the middle of the fourth, don't want it to end, can't stop turning the pages. Oh the dilemma! Write fast, Ms. Nichols. I'll need another fix soon.

It's rare I find an author whose characters' journeys move me to tears and laughter, whose words make me stop, go back, read them again, then ponder and meditate (selah), and pray them in for myself and those I care about.

Linda Nichols is such an author. She's published by Bethany House. These are the books I've read:




In Search of Eden








At The Scent of Water








If I Gained The World








Not a Sparrow Falls





Prose that sings; richly drawn characters; contemporary settings so vividly realized they feel like characters as well; struggles that are real and deep and gut-wrenching; spiritual journeys that inspire; and endings that rise on wings of hope.

I wish this author would write historicals too!

3 comments:

  1. I will have to look this author up, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I must look into this author. Love new juicy book suggestions!

    (word ver: wisesses) (g)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We likesss generating the word vers for this site, don'ts we Precioussss?

    ReplyDelete