Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"The Hunt" is on

Later this week I plan to post an out-take scene of chapter length, from Kindred (you know, that historical novel-in-progress that this blog is really about). I've strayed off topic a bit lately in my posts. I'm doing it again (it's my blog and I'll digress if I want to.... digress if I want to....).

The Hunt For Gollum is an independent fan film based on Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. It's 40 minutes long and free to view on line. Here.

I've yet to watch more than a few minutes of it, as my home computer isn't fast enough to watch it in HD. But what I've seen looks pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about this! I watched the trailer a few weeks ago and forgot to go back and check out the actual film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten about it too, but ran across a mention of it a couple of days ago on Alex Field's blog. I'm looking forward to an evening my husband and I can watch it at his office, which can handle the HD version. It's amazing this filmmaker produced something of this quality on a budget not over 3000 pounds.

    word verification: prolog

    ReplyDelete