Monday, May 18, 2009

A Book By Any Other Name....

... might not find its targeted audience. My good friend, author/editor Karen Ball, is posting a series on book titles on her blog, in which she lists several ways to find a title both content appropriate and with audience appeal. Check it out:

What's in a Title?

Tips for Terrific Titles

Tips for Terrific Titles #1

Tips for Terrific Titles #2

Tips for Terrific Titles #3

I "borrowed" the title for Kindred from another published work (titles are not copyrightable), because it fit so perfectly. I've kicked around ideas for an alternative, wanting something original, but never to my satisfaction. Karen's criteria for choosing a title, which I've never seen presented this way before, is sure to prove a help in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment