Wednesday, May 06, 2009

agent news

One of the agents I met at Mount Hermon, who requested three chapters of Kindred after the conference, called and requested more of the story.

***break for Snoopy Dance***

I've sent the agent a little over half the manuscript, which is how much I've currently edited. The agent requested a month to read and think over some issues about marketing and editing.

While this isn't a promise of representation (far from it, at this point), I'm shuffling forward in small steps. That's how this business usually works. S-L-O-W-L-Y. It's very encouraging to have some feedback like this, and to know one of my top pick agents is this interested.

5 comments:

  1. It may be a small step, but a very positive one. Congratulations Lori; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, this is great news! Very exciting progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, Lori! All steps forward are welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ruth & Sallie.

    I also feel a pressing need to start plotting out the sequel.

    ReplyDelete