Monday, March 23, 2009

SIG.... check!

I'm still busy editing, shopping, planning, praying, writing, preparing and organizing myself for the upcoming writers conference, but just had to post that I have managed, with much sweat and a few tears and a headache or two, at long last... drum roll please... to get this crazy big novel edited down UNDER my Seemingly Impossible Goal of 200,000 words.

I still have quite a number of chapters to work through, so it's going to go down more. Probably not a whole lot more (hmm... 195,000 would be nice, wouldn't it?), but at least I no longer have that big green 2 staring at me every time I check the word count.

Current count: 199,802

Ah... that looks good.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching the elusive under 200K mark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know it's still outrageously long, but it's getting within the realm of the possible now, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Lori! (You should see where that number falls on my mental number map. Much lower than the original 325,000.) *g*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, I am working through a similar process and these milestones are important aren't they? My novel is about 196,000 words right now and I'm editing it down, trying to take out any fat...so I understand!

    ReplyDelete