Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Final Edit Update.... for now

I finished the current edit pass on Kindred this morning. While I managed to cut a total of 53,779 words (after the 71,000 I cut on the previous edit), I didn't make my SIG (Seemingly Impossible Goal) of under 200,000 words. Current word count stands at 232,819.

This just means another editing pass is needed. I have a beta reader's notes to go over. I'm going to look for more scenes to cut, or parts of scenes, since I'm sure small line-by-line cuts aren't going to add up to anything near the 33,000 words I still want to see go.

But I'm going to let it wait until tomorrow to begin. For now, I'm going to bake a cake.

Chocolate.

With dark chocolate sauce.

Oh yes.



And while I'm at it, Lord, do another edit pass on me, please....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori ~

    That chocolate cake looks delicious! Care to share the recipe with a fellow chocoholic? *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sallie. Good to hear from you!

    Well, that's a stock photo! But I'll email you the recipe (not going to post it because it's out of a book, copyright issues... eh. Not sure about that but best to be on the safe side).

    My cake turned out well. It's a flourless chocolate cake. Not so pretty as that picture, but tastes good.

    ReplyDelete