Thursday, November 27, 2008

One Holy Night


Author and publisher J. M. Hochstetler has a new book releasing from Sheaf House, April 1, 2009.


Set during the Vietnam War years, One Holy Night is the story of... well, why don't I just show you? Check out the book trailer below:





Joan and I regularly read and critique each others work, since we both have an avid interest in 18th Century history and fiction. In fact, I met Joan after reading the second book in her American Patriot series, Native Son. Having connected deeply with her lead characters, I was puttering about the house one day and actually caught myself praying for them and the situation they faced at the end of that book! I felt a little silly at first, then I realized, if a reader connected with Seona and Ian (my Kindred characters) so thoroughly that she caught herself praying for them, I'd be thrilled to know it. So I wrote Joan and told her, and that, as they say, was the start of a beautiful friendship.

I was privileged to read One Holy Night last year, while it was in progress. Joan has provided me with links to a review of the book and an interview, as well as a link to the first chapter.

Read the first chapter of One Holy Night here

Review at Window To My World blog "One Holy Night is J.M. Hochstetler’s fourth novel, and within its pages you will discover the most beautiful modern-day esence of Christ’s nativity, mercy and grace you’ve read in a very long while!"

An interview with J. M. Hochstetler at Window To My World blog.

"... One Holy Night grew out of my wrestling with the kinds of gritty issues that impact our lives every day—intergenerational and interracial conflict, addictions, war, illness, death, and divorce."
~J.M. Hochstetler, from the interview

No comments:

Post a Comment