Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Visit with author Bonnie Leon

Historical fiction author, Bonnie Leon, paid a visit to the Rogue Valley this weekend. I've known Bonnie many years through Oregon Christian Writers, have taken her fiction writing course, and lately have come to know her better through regional meetings of American Christian Fiction Writers. Plus, she likes to come down from her home in Glide from time to time and hang out with us Southern Oregon writers.

Bonnie had a book signing at Evangel Family Bookstore at the Rogue Valley mall on Saturday. I dropped in for a visit, bought a book (The Heart of Thornton Creek, first in the Queensland series). She signed it and we talked for quite a while. She had a drawing for a beautifully decorated didgeridoo, which I didn't win, but what a generous prize to offer folks just for showing up and entering.

Photos were taken while I was at Evangel, but I've yet to get copies, so here's a picture of me and Bonnie taken on her last visit.After the signing we went to our friend DJ's house for a pizza/potluck dinner. I baked my signature cake (huckleberry/lemon pound cake). It was a great day, and good to see Bonnie again.

Check out Bonnie Leon's books at her link in the post, or in my list of author sites over in the sidebar. Bonnie is a multi-published author, and her books are set in such diverse places as Australia, Alaska and Russia.

**I forgot to mention--Bonnie is currently running a contest at her website, with two prizes, another authentic didgeridoo, and a set of aboriginal clapsticks.

2 comments:

  1. Lori,

    I had such a good time visiting with visitors and readers at the book store. And our time at DJ's was so much fun! Can't wait for my next visit.

    And as to your signature cake--well, you could make a fortune off of it. I'd keep the recipe a secret.

    Love ya,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,

    It was fun. Glad you could stay long enough for us to fellowship. I'm looking forward to Jan. Hope our plans for a retreat work out.

    Not to mention next year's ACFW!

    ReplyDelete