Saturday, June 28, 2008

Getting there

A few minutes ago I finished the edits suggested by my beta (test) reader, Lauri. With her help (and I actually cut more than she suggested), I've slashed the word count from 288,000 down to....

drum roll please....

217,600 words!!!!

That's a grand total of over 70,000 words cut--the length of some novels. I've cut a novel out of my novel.

I haven't yet reached my Seemingly Impossible Goal of 200,000 words. But I'm not by any means through editing this crazy big book. Just going to do a little adding for a bit, first.

*smile*

2 comments:

  1. You.
    Are.
    Awesome!!!!

    You've done a GREAT job!

    Now, take a deep breath, do the ending and worry about the rest later. *z*

    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.
    Are.
    You!

    Today is the day I open up that last file and scope out the next mountain I get to climb. I'm excited. I've wanted this section of the story written very badly--for a long time. I'm so glad the time has come.

    ReplyDelete