Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Ian... and Ian

Today is the birthday of one of my favorite British actors, Henry Ian Cusick.

Ian currently plays Desmond David Hume, on the ABC series LOST. He also played Jesus in The Visual Bible: The Gospel of John, and is a well known British theater and TV series actor.

Happy Birthday Ian, and many blessings to you!

I've given my Ian (from KINDRED) the same birthday, April 17th, in Mr. Cusick's honor.

Here's a clip of my favorite Desmond scene to date, from the Season 4 episode of Lost, The Constant. For those who don't watch this show, Desmond has been stranded on an island for the past three years. Penny is Desmond's long time love. He thought he'd lost her forever, until recently. For those who don't want spoilers.... you've been warned.



And another, for fun. How many times does Desmond say "Brotha" in Lost?

4 comments:

  1. That first clip of Henry Ian is my FAVORITE TV program I've ever watched, and settled him as my (current) top favorite British actor (yes, I know he's actually Scottish, but technically . . .). It did freak me out a little bit to see him as Jesus when I caught a few minutes of that film on TV several weeks ago. I felt like I was definitely doomed to the "bad place" when I was admiring Henry Ian's physique in the baptism scene.

    Happy birthday to your Ian too . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Kaye. You bad girl.

    *blinks innocently*

    "The Constant" ranks as one of my all-time favorite hours of television, too. It won me back to LOST, after I'd been hit-and-miss in watching for much of the 2nd and 3rd seasons. I've since caught up on DVD, and enjoyed the wonderful Desmond epis in both previous seasons. The man deserves an award for that scene in The Constant. So do the editors, writers, director....

    When you consider all that's been building up to it in the past two seasons--what a pay off. And it was only a phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw the actress who plays Penny on the Hallmark movie Sweet Nothing in My Ear. She did a really good job with the American accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read a bit about Sonya Walger. How interesting, both she and Henry Ian Cusick have South American heritage and speak fluent Spanish, as well as being fellow Brits. He's from Peru, and her father is from Argentina.

    Their on screen chemistry is lovely.

    ReplyDelete