Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary

March 26 is the day I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease. Nine years ago. Still in remission.

And still editing away. The word count is inching down.

Toying with the idea of taking out Seona's POV entirely. Will it strengthen the story? Maybe so, maybe no. It would certainly help trim the word count, but the most original voice I've ever written would be gone. Many layers and textures would be lost.

I'll maybe save it for a last resort. Or see if any of my test readers make the suggestion, without my prompting. You guys aren't reading this are you? *s*

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a Genesis finalist!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donna! I'm stoked and will be busily polishing for resubmission today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I knew you would be a finalist! Your writing is too good not to take you all the way to the top. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaye,

    Thank you. *s*

    Say, it is all right to talk about it here as long as titles aren't mentioned, right? I entered under a different title than the one most people would be familiar with, to preserve anonymity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori ~

    Let me add my congratulations as well! *s* When will the winners be announced?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sallie,

    Thank you! Not until September. Long wait, huh? *s*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I hope you WIN! Congrats on being a finalist, and if you need any more "test readers," give me a holler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Linda.

    And be careful what you ask for....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, test reader, please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynne (& Linda),

    I've been thinking about it, and I've come to realize I'm not ready at this point for more test readers, but when/if, I'll keep you (both) in mind. Thank you so much for being willing. *s*

    I'm deep in the current edit and I've come to see some major reworks to the beginning that need my attention first.

    ReplyDelete