Monday, February 18, 2008

About that Title... again

In the comments section of the February 12th post, Kaye Dacus let me know that:

I just read that Nicole Seitz has a book coming out in April entitled Trouble the Water:

"Set in the South Carolina Sea Islands, Nicole Seitz's second novel follows the stories of two sisters. One is seeking to recreate her life yet again and learns to truly live from a group of Gullah nannies she meets on the island. The other thinks she's got it all together until her sister's imminent death from cancer causes her to re-examine her own life and seek the healing and rebirth her troubled sister managed to find on St. Anne's Island."

This book sounds like my cup of tea, as far as reading goes. Of course I won't be able to use Trouble The Water as my title now. So... I'm thinking I'll just leave it as Kindred. For now.

Maybe the right title will find me.

2 comments:

  1. Lori,

    I'm just catching up on your blog, and it occurred to me that if you do use Over Jordan for the sequel, then Canaan's River would be a grea title for the first book--biblically speaking. You come to Canaan's river, which separates you from the Promised Land, and then you pass over the Jordan into it. Just a thought. It gave me a lovely image....

    Hugs,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan,

    Yes. There are still many good possibilities on my long list of titles. At least I'll have something to offer if a publisher one days asks for alternate titles. *s*

    ReplyDelete